Saturday, February 18, 2012

Unscripted Sketches #146




.... I can hardly wait to see the cards that are created with this sketch!  No matter which way you flip it, the possibilities are endless. And the optional stitching challenge....love it!

My nephew's girlfriend LOVES everything Pink!  If it is pink, Pam has it.  This card was specifically created for her birthday.  For some reason though, the pink cardstock looks faded  in some places in the photo....much better in RL!

Sometimes when I look at a sketch I get overwhelmed with ideas.  I find that if I taylor the card to a specific individual, the colors, embellishments, techniques just seem to come together easily.  Otherwise, I spend hours (and I mean HOURS) jumping from one thing to another.

I enlarged the photo considerably so that the french knots would show up. I used a shiny/silky crochet cotton for the white knots and plain black embroidery cotton for the black cross stitches.  The cute polka dot ribbon was a $1 score from Hobby Lobby as was this great embossing folder ($5).  I rubbed a dark pink pigment ink over the embossed images (really makes the images pop).

Head on over to Unscripted Sketches , take a peak at what the rest of the DT has stitched together for you and then link up your creations. 

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my entry of the sketch challenge! Love your card. THe pink is great and the embossing looks very nice! Those flowers are a nice touch. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete