Friday, August 31, 2012

Unscripted Sketch #174



...from a different angle
Hard to believe that the last long weekend of the summer is upon us! Where did the time go?

I look forward to the change of season....cooler weather, fall colors, skies full of Canada geese heading south.  But then.....the -40C hits!  The only good thing about that is the endless hours of crafting time (too darn cold to do anything else).

Another awesome sketch!  I created a trellis with strips of paper (took four tries to get it right!).  I glued a really thin strip of black paper on each side of the trellis just to give it a bit of definition.  I used 3 layers for the flowers (MFT die) and one layer for the leaves (same die).  I shaped the petals a bit before adhering them to the card with dimensionals.  The stem/vine is hand cut.  The sentiment and die are from SU Bitty Banners.  I used a copic marker to trace around the banner. The card reminds me of a Ukrainian blouse that my Baba cross stitched :)

 Hope you can find the time to play along with us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

Wishing you all a pleasant holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the delicate lattice and the dimensional pops of red - what a cheerful card! Love the reference to the Ukrainian blouse, too - I can see that!

    ReplyDelete