Friday, September 7, 2012

Unscripted Sketch #175 and The Repetition Challenge in the Card Design Handbook Week






Wow!  Now this was a whole lot of masking!  Seriously, I used almost a whole roll of tape!

I drew grid lines on my paper first, decided which image would be stamped in each section and then taped & stamped. taped & stamped, taped & stamped......You think I was a bit nervous stamping the last two or three images?  Thoughts of messing up on the last one kept running through my head, but in the end it all worked out.  I used this SU stamp to create the above image:


So .pour yourself a nice hot cup of coffee and check out what the rest of the Unscripted DT members have created!  It is so much fun to see the weekly entries, visit each of the blogs and leave some love for our loyal submitters!  You know the drill, just click to link!

I am also entering this card into the Moxie Fab Card Design Handbook Week: The Repetition Challenge because this entire card has some serious repetition happening!  You can find out more about all the fun challenges that Cath has posted in my previous post or by clicking the above link.  So, grab a second cup of coffee and check out the other submissions! Wow - so many talented people out there in blog land!

Happy crafting!




9 comments:

  1. Wow, good job, Geri! I can just feel that flop sweat as you got near the end!! I've been surfing through your site thanks to comments made by Ardyth on her site. Glad to have found another CAS carder for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Such perfect stamping too, which must not have been easy! :> I like how you colored just a bit pink! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfectly stamped! I know exactly how you felt as you were stamping the last few, but you nailed it - it's so clear and beautiful that I thought you had printed it! Love the monochrome colouring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding, that is a lot of masking, Geri! I've only done a couple cards like that ... too nerve wracking! But you pulled it off. Love how you kept it one color with all the design elements going on. And I really enjoyed looking through your blog too! Will be fun to see what else you come up with : ) Thanks so much for your super-kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you did with this card- such a fun sentiment and design. Definitely worth all the masking tape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Geri, I love the cakes. Now I would have just stamped them all at 1 time in a row. You rock girl! Darling card and thank you so much for your nice comment on my card. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love this card and yes, I can imagine what you were going through on those last few! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - your final card is sooo worth all that effort - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Geri! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete