Saturday, September 22, 2012

Unscripted Sketches #177






... I can hardly wait to see all the submissions for this sketch!  No mater which way you turn the sketch, the possibilities are endless!

I used this small piece of sweetly colored, gorgeously polka dotted ribbon that I "found" in my ribbon stash as the starting point for my card..  I  punched the heart from some red sparkly SU paper that was screaming "pick me, pick me".  The circles were die cut from SU Real Red and CTMH white card stock.  I rounded the corners, punched the tag with SU Tiny Tag punch, stamped the sentiment (SU Tiny Tags), adhered the tag with a brad (that was colored with a red Copic marker) and the card was done!

I am not sure if I am going to use this as a valentine card (talk about getting the jump on that holiday) or a really cool, non traditional wedding card, probably more suited to "young-ish" bride & groom.

I also want to say a big thank you to our loyal participants that take part in our weekly Unscripted Sketches challenges and a warm welcome to any newcomers! You know the drill, just click to link!

Happy crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely magnificent ... awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome Geri! I love the CAS, graphic feel. Red and white are just meant to be together...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card...love this!
    hugs,
    -DT♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty, for sure. I think your sparkly paper that was screaming to be used is perfect. Thanks for coming by my blog and for listing my candy on your sidebar. I took a stroll around and you see that you do awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Geri! Love the shimmery heart! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete