Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CFC72 TOOT YOUR OWN HORN



2012-10-05  Thanks to the CAS-ual Friday DT for choosing this card as one of the "Contenders".  I am thrilled :)

As you can see, I don't have a blog header so I couldn't toot my own horn but tooted the CAS-ual Fridays horn instead!.  I fiddled around with different fonts trying to get something close (notice the upper and lower case letters in their logo....tricky, tricky, tricky). I think the end result is actually quite close...Yay!



It is quite late right now (actually early in the morning) so I will add more details Wednesday afternoon.  Until then, skip on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog and check out the kazillion cards that have been uploaded as well as all the wonderful DT creations.

I'm back with the details on the card.  I punched various sizes of dots/circles with SU Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay for the wee flowers (they also remind me of molecules).  The black line is a thin piece of SU black card stock glued between the sentiments....another tricky, tricky task!

Happy crafting!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Geri. The card looks absolutely beautiful and CAS-ual!! You get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLEVER to use their blog banner (although I think you could use yours - maybe next weeks' challenge should be to be inspired by someone else's blog banner and I can do yours!)! I love how you made all the little 'flowers'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! I loooove it! So clever how you did the little jack doo-hickies! (That is their official name *wink*) Awesome take on our header, so glad you played along with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the CAS-ual Fridays header, Geri. My header is equally boring and I may give this one a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! This is just Brilliant!! Loooove it! Thanks for sharing your blog header inspired project with us @ CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geri - I LOVE your take on the CAS-ual Fridays blog header! You've captured it perfectly, and it looks really cool! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Geri! This really is a great interpretation! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Geri, this is absolutely STUNNING!! It is a textbook case of CAS to the hilt, and makes me over the moon happy to look at it! I ADORE this!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Geri - you ROCKED this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is just brilliant..... what a fabulous take on the challenge header.... love it so much :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great idea and excellent execution of their blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your recreation of the CAS-ual Fridays blog header, awesome :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool...love it!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever, Geri, and the folks at CFCC thought so, too! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup, you rocked this!!! Love it! Congrats on your contender win!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow - perfectly executed! The thin black line is perfect, the scatter of flowers, capturing the font style - just a lovely CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! The design on it so clean and perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete