Friday, October 5, 2012

Unscripted Sketches #178 and the Play Date Cafe PDCC152


This color combo was inspired by the latest color challenge at the Play Date Cafe.  The deep, intense colors really work well with this week's Unscripted Sketch #178.

I die cut the flower (MFT Tilth Flower) from three different colors, lined it up on the various circles (very tricky business) so that only a single flower shape is visible, then adhered the circles to each other to complete the full flower pattern.

I popped the circles up with dimensionals, stamped the sentiment, and added a bit of bling to the centre of the flower.  

For all my fellow Canadians I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving holiday.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS birthday card! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! You rock the graphic CAS designs. Happy Thanksgiving to you my Canadian crafty friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND...I know you already got one, but I`m giving you one too...it`s on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing job lining up the flower with the off center circles - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all those die cuts do look seriously tricky... you have a lot of patience! it was worth it, lovely card :) happy canadian thanksgiving! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Geri, aren't you sweet! Happy Thanksgiving to you my dear Canandian. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my card and how in the heck did you line those colors up so perfectly. Great card Geri! Where are you up there anyway. I am like an hour from the Canadian border in northern MINN. Just curious. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy colw, that is really cool! That was serious business lining up those layers. :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW ! Love how you did that flower, looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete