Saturday, February 1, 2014

Paper Smooches Designer Drafts challenge








A quick post as the door is just about to close on the Designer Drafts Challenge at Paper Smooches.  

My DH's great nephew turned one today so a special card was in order!  The birthday party was fabulous! Food galore and a little boy that was more excited about the wrapping paper than what was inside!

I used PS Hullabaloo for my card. The versatility of this set is amazing! 

The striped panel was made by alternating two of the line image stamps in the set using Memento Bahama Blue ink. The cup cake was stamped on AC card stock and paper pieced. I 'swapped out' the cherry on the top of the cupcake with the candle...totally appropriate for a 1st birthday!  The 'celebrate' sentiment is also from the same set. 

Happy crafting!



12 comments:

  1. Love it - you really are the queen of clean- great colours - perfectly stamped and fun for a 1 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this for a little one year old, Geri ... the vibrant colours are brilliant and those sprinkles look so dimensional ... perfect tactility for little fingers ... such fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I remember those wrapping paper days with my kids! I love your take on the sketch, and those colours are fab for a littlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again?? AGAIN??!!! A totally perfect card, againnnnnn?!!! I struggled so much with this sketch (and I was not a happy camper with the result AT ALL!), but just look at what you have done with it!!! Sweet, clean and absolutely perfect for a one year old! (for an *anything* old for that matter!!). Love it...and all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guessing the little fella loved it...all those bright colors; perfect for capturing his attention. His parents will treasure this forever, I'm sure. Perfect take on the sketch too. Great card, dear friend, love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geri...this is just too cute! I love the bright and vivid colors, so perfect for a little guys birthday. How fun to see a little one love the wrapping more than the gifts, too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, Geri, for a special 1st birthdday! So perfect and winning for that sketch! I love those colors together, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so perfect for a 1st birthday, Geri! Perfect use of the sketch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this adorable card with it's perfect bright colors!!You just aced this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm running late in commenting, but I'm here *waving wildly* to tell you how A-DOR-A-BLE your card for the little grand-nephew! Yes, at that age the wrapping paper is the best.gift.ever. however, the 'impress the parents' features is always important - and I know this card did precisely that! Love the green & blue combination and those polka-dot sprinkles are the perfect special touch!! Fabulous, my friend, fabulous!! BTW: it's -40 here today. Gahhh...perhaps not a day for a brisk, card-contemplating walk...but maybe if it warms up I'll venture out. Or not. I'm thinking not....Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute, fun and happy card....great job.

    ReplyDelete