Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WE TURNED A DREAM INTO REALITY

It took over a year to plan.  

In total, we traveled 20,350 miles (32,558km) to make it happen! 


On October 18, 2014, six card hobby blogging BABES met in real life! BABES stands for Benevolent Association of Beloved Esteemed Stampers....and here we are:



Meeting for the first time!

From left to right (seated) is Anita from France, me (Geri) from Manitoba, Canada, & Ardyth from Ontario, Canada. Standing left to right are Kim and Darnell, both from California, USA, and Bev from Wisconsin, USA.  We're not sure where the muscle man in the background is from!

Here are just a few pics of our fun adventure! There will be more once my camera makes its way home! I forgot the dang thing on the counter at the lake house! THANKFULLY Bev and Anita noticed it and rescued it for me. 


Bev Buenker's photo.             Ardyth Bolam Percy-Robb's photo.
      Crafting in pj's - great!                Snowflake" - the resident Albino squirrel with pink eyes!


              
Is she (or perhaps he) not the sweetest thing ever? 
                   

We brought enough supplies to open a craft store!                  More supplies!

'Some' of our supplies....nice & tidy on Day 1....Day 7 did NOT look like this!


Bev Buenker's photo.
Yes...2 pairs of reading glasses!

  
Ardyth, Kim & Anita enjoying a sunny, crafty afternoon.



Anita, Darnell, Ardyth & Kim




Anita, Bev, Kim and Ardyth checking out some on-line craft stores.



Darnell & Anita, relaxing and snapping some beautiful scenery pictures!



Early morning crafting!


I've edited my post to copy & paste this MAGNIFICENT picture from Kim's blog! Not only is she an incredibly talented card artist, but the girl takes a mean photo! Thanks Kim!


Another fabulous picture 'borrrowed' from Kim's blog!

The week flew by so fast!  We talked, we laughed, we sang, we drank copious amounts of coffee, we went out for dinner every night (hey....it`s a holiday), we snacked, we toured, and we crafted. My return trip totaled 2771 kilometers/1731 miles which translates to approximately 28 hours of highway driving...but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Six women - complete strangers in real life, best friends in blog land....and now friends forever!

We turned a dream into reality! 

26 comments:

  1. It was really a 'dream come true,' wasn't it?! A wonderful post about our time together, and as I read each of the posts, I'm reminded of another fun moment on our adventure. I'm blessed to have been a part of this group, and meeting you and the other BABES in real life is no longer a 'dream,' but a wonderful, beautiful reality!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. What. A. Trip! WOW! It was so great to meet all of you and have so much time to spend together! Loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Geri ... can you still believe this time last week we were still there! You chose such fabulous photo's (especially camera-less) ... and captured our amazing week with your wonderful style and flair with words! It was a joy to be there with you, my friend ... yep, I second your final point ... friends forever! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing photos and a time to cherish forever x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Ger, I love that closing line! It says it all! And what it doesn't say, Bevie says above. I adored you from the moment we met and you jumped right up on my shoulder and hugged my head like the little spider monkey you are!! Next time I'm bringing an extra carryon bag to put you in so I can bring you back home with me!! (Danny can come for visits!) I'm still amazed that you drove all that way and I so appreciate that you did and that you made it back home safely! Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this amazing experience. So exciting to see these wonderful crafters and on-line friends meet for the first time ... and sharing it with us. Fabulous memories, fabulous pictures ... and life-long friends. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! What a wonderful post, Geri! The last phrase brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geri...you are amazing and I love your post...so many wonderful photos bringing back so many more wonderful memories...I love your 2 pair of glasses, they are so you. What a dream come true it was to spend the week with you and the rest of the BABES...and so looking forward to our next meeting too. Thank you so much for all the laughter and and thank you so much for sharing the extremely spicy hot wings too (I did not see your story about the wings on your blog), they were so good. And yes, friends forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant post. Feeling a bit like a stalker here. Obviously follow all of you through feedly as I havent followed through the links. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful experience you all had! It's so cool you all got on so well and had such an awesome time. Lovely photos too! Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing beautiful photos and stories from your amazing trip! But you forget to tell us about the wings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful! Love that all of you made this a reality! What wonderful memories you'll have!!! Thank you for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT IS THE BEST! How fun for all and I bet you felt like the best of friends even though you had never met~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting from Darnell's link to you.

    I love that your dreams came true and you're virtual friendship has become a real-life one.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for all you BABES. It looks like a fabulous time and so many memories to hold in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing details of your retreat, Geri :) It sounds like it was an absolutely perfect week (except the forgotten camera). I have a friend that crafts with 2 glasses, so had a chuckle at that photo. In the last few years I find myself pulling my glasses off when doing detail work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fabulous for you all to have met and spent crafting time together, in the most beautiful setting! The two pairs of glasses made me laugh - not done it yet, but getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Geri, the photos and stories you BABES have written about your epic, dream-of-a-lifetime adventure are inspiring, delightful, heart-warming and heart-melting! I see six amazing friends crafting up a storm and building a strong, solid foundation of companionship, with LOVE infused in every moment you spent together. Friends forever, indeed! I consider myself blessed that each one of you is part of my life, and it is all the richer because of that! And I"m doubly blessed because I have met you! My dream: at some future point to be part of this extraordinarily special group when you meet 'in real life' once again. Mega-watt smile and heart singing with joy...Thank you for inviting us to be part of this momentous event!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay now I ALMOST feel like I was with you ladies :( I really wish I was but I am so happy that you all had such a fantastic time!! Through the photos I can feel the laughter and the tears.I am so pleased that we got to FaceTime it was so fun to talk to all of you! Great photos and thanks for sharing your week with blogland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Geri, Oh my gosh this trip looks like a blast! I can see from all the pictures how much fun you were all having. I love the double glasses you wore...I might have to try that with my old eyes. Crafting in pjs with friends just has to be the best! I am so happy for you all that it all went so well....and laughing till it hurts is the best! What a wonderful group of girls! Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy for all of you ladies. I'm sure it took lots of planning to make it happen since you were from all parts of the world. The house looked like it had lots of wonderful lighting and the scenery surrounding it was beautiful and inspiring. Love the beautiful picture of Snowflake who is adorable. Thanks for sharing your time together in photos and words.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yours was one of the greatest holiday adventures I have ever hear of!! So happy for all of you! : ) Each photograph brought a smile! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a marvelous week. I am getting rather fond of Snowflake :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, Geri, this must have been a fantastic week for all of you!!! Thanks so much for sharing all of these photo's!!
    I think we need to find out where that muscle man lives, one never knows .... he might be a cardmaker and a blogger, too!!!! LOL!!!

    Have a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing trip for a wonderful group of ladies!! I don't think there is anything better than actually meeting a blog friend. It looks like this group bonded for life!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How awesome for you guys! Crafty friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete