Monday, April 6, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch, Simply Create Too & Addicted to Stamps #139 - CAS




Hey ladies... I'm tickled pink for a shout-out as one of your favs! Thanks!
                                                          

I hope everyone enjoyed a lovely Easter weekend.

This year we skipped the traditional turkey in favor of slow roasted BBQ ribs, a nice plump oven roasted chicken, a few salads, bbq potatoes and pumpkin pie! Yuuuuummmy!

Awesome sketch this week at  CAS(E) This Sketch.  As usual, the DT rocked it with their awesome creations! So many innovative ideas!

I'm also entering this card into the current Simply Create Too - Anything Goes Challenge #82 and Addicted to Stamps #139 - CAS.

A happy face popped into my head so I ran with it! I tweaked a Silhouette cut file to create my smiley elements and the top aperture panel, which is popped up with foam tape to create a recessed area for the smiley faces. Nice depth in real life.

I've finished off the 'happy, happy....' with a big, bold 'birthday' on the inside.

There is still a bit of time to get your entry in, so you best get crackin'.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy crafting :)


22 comments:

  1. This is little twink Henry's favorite image, Geri, so he would love this card as much as I do! You can't beat a happy face for making you feel happy on any day, but especially on your birthday!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too darn cute...love all your fabulous and sweet happy faces. You just amaze me with what you do with your silhouette...would you mind coming over to teach me too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Geri ... so happy and so sweet ... and gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'smiling all over my face(s)'!! Hugs & Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Such a cute card, Geri! Love those smiley faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the sam hell did I miss this one??? I must be blind... Soooo sorry dear friend. I love this! It is just so "happy!" Sweet little smiley faces all in a row (or two)! Like the font on the sentiment too. This would cheer anyone up, or make a great birthday card. Love it! Glad I didn't miss it completely. So cute. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this cute card Geri! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very effective. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card, Geri. I love all of those happy smiley faces. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This totally makes me smile! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interpretation of the sketch, a very cheery card.
    Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now how cute is this!! I love your take on the sketch and especially the smiley faces!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is one happy card! Thanks for joining CASE this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geri, this card has given me the biggest smile! I love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a happy card, the faces, the sentiment and the bright yellow. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun card and design, thank you for playing with Simply Create Too, we have a new challenge with no stamping or digis, hope you can join it too :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the shout out my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Smiling, smiling at your rows of smiley faces! So dang cute! Your Easter dinner: yummm! I can't remember the last time we had ribs...or pumpkin pie! Best get my husband on that *grin*!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, your sweet little happy faces made me smile, Geri!!! So super cute and what a great idea to use the little faces like that!!!! And the top panel on foam tape really adds lovely depth!!!! This is such a fun card, Geri - love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete