Sunday, August 26, 2012

colourQ challenge #151...






Look closely and you will see that the "Thank You" sentiment is stamped in Basic Grey!!!  Hard to tell but it really is.  I just couldn't find a suitable place in the card to incorporate the grey without compromising the simplicity of the design.  I used my curvy/bendable ruler to create the curve (simply traced the outline with a Sharpie).

I used Tempting Turquoise to stamp the backside of the leaf stamp for the blue impression, then stamped the leaf on top with Momento Black.  The rhinestones were colored with an orange Copic.  The color is actually very close  Pumpkin Pie.

I chose to layer the card front with the colors showing on the left side only...seems to draw attention to the stamped image.

Check out all amazing DT creations as well as all the incredible submissions at colourQ #151 !


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of the colors, Geri, love the design! thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! The color combination is gorgeous and I love the orange berries. Fabulous design too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geri, this is gorgeous! I love the CAS design and your use of this weeks colors. Thank you for joining us at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete